We are the Year Three Children!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We had a brilliant start to the academic year last term and the children really enjoyed our Savage Stone Age topic! We had a great time at Conkers for our Stone Age theme day! The children created some Stone Age paintings, made stone age music using sticks to create different rhythms, put their knowledge to the test during orienteering, built their own shelters and learnt all about how people would have created fire to keep warm and cook food - although I'm not sure smores were around in prehistoric times!
Please take a look at some pictures from the trip below.
This term, our topic is the Awesome Egyptians! We'll be looking at what life was like for an ancient Egyptian, the importance of the River Nile, the mummification process, hieroglyphics, fashion, music, important Pharaohs, Egyptian gods and much more as well as a trip to Mansfield Museum!
- PE kits should be brought into school on a Monday and taken home on a Friday. As we are experiencing colder weather at the moment, please make sure children have long bottoms and jumpers or hoodies in their kits. As the ground is very often wet too, please ensure children have an extra couple of pairs of socks to change into for their PE lessons.
- Please bring a named water bottle to school each day.
- Children can bring a healthy snack to have mid-morning if they wish.
- Maths homework and spellings will be sent home weekly and will be due in every Thursday when the children will also complete their weekly times table test and arithmetic test.
- Diaries will be checked every Thursday, when Merits and Attitude and Behaviours will be updated, as well as bookworms totted up! We've had lots of free bookworm books going home so far which is great to see!
Keep up the good work Willow Class!
Useful Links for Year 3: