Our Mission Statement, Core Values and Aims
Our Mission Statement:
At Underwood Church of England Primary School, we work together to ensure that our school is a happy, safe and exciting place in which to learn. We respect and care for each other and everyone around us and have high expectations of what we can achieve. Relationships in our school are founded on Christian values ensuring that everyone is unique and valued. We ensure that we lay positive foundations for a life- long love of learning.
‘I have come in order that you might have life - life in all its fullness.’ John 10:10
Our Vision is to create and maintain an environment which enables all members of the school community to flourish in all aspects of their lives - allowing them to always be the best they can be.
Through this vision we aim:
To develop confidence, independence and high self-esteem; respecting ourselves, each other and the environment by living our Christian values.
- To develop lively enquiring minds, a spirit of curiosity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- To become well balanced individuals, spiritually, emotionally and socially by developing a strong partnership with parents, the Church and our community.
- To provide an engaging curriculum which prepares children for the challenges of modern day life.
- To develop, promote and encourage healthy and active lifestyles.
- To be happy, safe and inspired to achieve the highest possible standards in all that we do.
The ethos of our school is based upon the Christian values of:
(Matthew 7:12 …do to others as you would have them do to you…)
(Ephesians 4:25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbour, for we are all members of one body.)
(Ephesians 4:32a Be kind to one another…)
(Ephesians 4:32b …forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.)
(Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord.)
(1 Peter 3:8 ... be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.)
Our school rule is ‘ We respect ourselves, each other and our school.’
Our school motto is ‘Being the best we can be.’